If you find yourself in need of a reliable solicitor, it’s important for you to be able to cognise the specific hallmarks, characteristics, and proficiencies of today’s most distinguished law firms, especially if your primary goal is to establish a long-term relationship with a single law firm (as opposed to finding a new one every time that a litigious situation arises).
However, due to the fact that there are hundreds of various firms offering legal services across the UK, navigating this fully saturated arena is oftentimes much easier said than done, particularly if time is of the essence and you haven’t a moment to spare.
So if you’d like to avoid the complexities associated with ascertaining the most dependable law firms in London, it’s in your best interests to adhere to the step-by-step guide shown below during your research.
Step One: Carve Out Your Initial Shortlist by Focusing on Accreditations
First things first; you’ll want to ensure that your entire shortlist is comprised only of firms that are recognised by the nation’s most renowned regulatory agencies:
- Acclaimed by the Citywealth Leaderslist
- Carrier of the LEGAL 500 leading law firm award
- Members of the Abacus Worldwide system
- Approved by the Investors in People organisation
- Accredited by the LEXCEL Law Society
Step Two: Narrow Your List by Highlighting Each Firm’s In-House Versatility
Regardless of whether you happen to be in need of criminal defence, notary services, or tax assistance, the onus is on you to ensure that your law firm of choice is multifaceted and adaptable to a wide array of nuanced situations. As such, feel free to use the theoretical suite of services shown below as a blueprint during your investigative efforts:
- Business crime and regulatory services
- Construction issues and municipal litigation
- Corporate and commercial lawsuits (including an in-house specialty with employment regulations)
- Corporate and private immigration situations
- Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Mediation and dispute resolution
- Real estate, property finance, trusts, and tax services
- Intellectual property, Internet law, and trademark disputes
Step Three: Separate the Contenders from the Pretenders by Looking at the Specifics
The third and arguably most integral step is to isolate your ideal law firm by focusing on the often obscured facets shown below:
- The firm offers access to a resourceful in-house network of legal professionals, ideally with at least 12 partners and 40 staff members in total.
- The firm has an extensive history of providing both domestic and overseas services for families, privately held businesses, entrepreneurs, and major institutions.
- An International Desk System provides legal services in a multitude of dialects ranging from Arabic and French to Greek, Russian, Punjabi, and even Czech. They must be able to handle the customs, languages, and traditions of various cultures from around the globe, so look for a firm that can account for at least 12 distinct languages and cultures.
- Easily accessible reviews and testimonials are available directly on the firm’s homepage.